• “The Yoga Matrix” by Richard Freeman (6-CD set of lectures)
Richard’s unique description of yoga’s practices and philosophies, their origins and relevance for today. Similar content to his book, “The Mirror of Yoga”
• Richard Freeman’s Studio Talks (CD’s, online offerings)
Richard’s teachings recorded live from his studio. Some are for purchase on CD from SoundsTrue.com and some can be found for free via The Yoga Workshop website.
Inspiration – broad topics
• On Being with Krista Tippet (radio show/podcast) – I particularly like her conversations with yoga teacher Matthew Sanford, mindfulness scientist Jon Kabat-Zinn, the 14th Dalai Llama with other spiritual leaders, vulnerability expert Brené Brown, artist Ann Hamilton, and religion professor Louis Newman.
• The Liberated Body – interviews by host Brooke Thomas exploring the human body from a range of perspectives, with a focus on the intersection of science and somatic practices
• SoundsTrue: Insights at the Edge with Tami Simon (podcast)
• The Poetry of Self-Compassion by David Whyte (recording of a lecture)
• WNYC’s Radiolab (radio show/podcast)